Wednesday 9 July 2014

Few days to go

It's only a few days to go. This time next week I will hopefully be finishing my Evreux - Paris distance :-) and will be able to send you a selfie with the Eiffel Tower ;-)

My bike is ready to go! I have been very lucky as it has been maintained by the great guys at Bicycle Recycling who offered a free check (without the parts) as a donation to my ride! Thank you very much! Excellent service and I recommend them to anyone. If you need your bike to be fixed or simply want to get a bike! This is the place to go! 


I'm going to ride on my mountain bike which is a little bit heavy, but I don't want to make it too easy for myself going on some super light road bike ;-) However I did change my tyres for road ones. I have also replaced the chain and rear cassette, replaced gear cables with new ones. checked that the brakes are working properly and fitted a new saddle.







Now I need to get myself ready. Make a check list of everything I need to remember. And there is one more thing I need to do: shake off the cold I caught few days ago. It's not great timing, is it? But I'm trying to look after myself as much as I can to be in top shape for Monday!  

I will let you know how the packing is going and how I feel just before my departure. 


For now I would like to share something with you - Today I got the title "Person of York", even though I don't live in York! . The title comes from Doris who lives in York and writes a blog about interesting people from the region but sometimes she makes exceptions and writes about someone from outside her county. Thank you Doris for finding my story interesting and worth sharing with your readers 


http://meandyork.blog.pl/2014/07/09/ludzie-yorku-agnes-charity-bike-ride/ 


Doris is also launching her new blog about female cycling

http://cyklistka.blog.pl/2014/07/09/cyklistka-na-medal-agnieszka-michalska/

Both are written only in Polish but I hope it's not a huge problem these days if you really want to read something 


Thank you all! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment