Saturday 23 July 2016

Gdańsk



Thank you very much for all your lovely words of support and happy travels.

Yes, Me and my bike arrived safely in Poland and I am much relaxed now. I know, there is still a whole big challenge in front of me but for now I am enjoying the first part being successful.
 
Yesterday I was enjoying the beautiful, amber famous, seaside city of Gdańsk. It wasn’t a sunny day as I was expecting but I still enjoyed it simply by being back in the country.

I didn’t get to visit old town as I hoped because of some practical reasons but I got up early this morning to do that, even though I could really do with two more hours of sleep. However it was totally worth it!

So that is today morning but what about the next few days? I don’t think I ever really said. So what is the plan?

After the early visit to Gdańsk’s Old Town, at 11:08 I am taking a train to Łeba. I am staying there one night and then on Sunday morning I will start cycling south -  strangely it still feels very surreal to me.

Here is an optimistic estimated itinerary for the next few days:

Sunday 24, Łeba to Swornegacie about 130km

Monday 25, Swornegacie to Szamocin about 125km

Tuesday 26, Szamocin to Poznań

Wednesday 27, Poznań to Boszkowo

Thursday 28, Włoszakowice 

I would really like to make Włoszakowice, Isabella's home town by Thursday however we will need to just see how things are going... 


I might find trouble doing longer post but I will try as much as I can to update you with short messages and photographs. 

Łeba Next stop :-)

here are just a few quick photos from Gdańsk I will add some more next time I get internet.





No comments:

Post a Comment